American Express has opened a stylish new lounge at Sydney Airport, offering guests three times more space compared to the former lounge, as well as improved amenities and dining options.
The lounge is operated by global premium airport hospitality specialists Plaza Premium Group and is located near Gates 50-63 at the T1 international terminal.
Guests can enjoy:
- complimentary food and beverages featuring a variety of vegetarian, vegan and wellness options, a dedicated dining area, and live cooking stations
- full service bar including a selection of cocktails and wide selection of craft and international tap beers
- three shower suites featuring L’Occitane en Provence products
- quiet resting areas
- high-speed Wi-Fi
- charging stations
- flight information screens
- a selection of local and international magazines and newspapers.
Naysla Edwards, Vice President of Brand, Charge Cards and Experiences at American Express A/NZ said: “Airport lounge access continues to be one of the most valued benefits for our card members and we know from the success of our lounges around the world that travellers appreciate the stress-free environment, complimentary dining, and luxury amenities that our American Express Lounges offer.
“Opening this new, spacious and convenient American Express Lounge at Sydney Airport is part of our ongoing commitment to provide our card members with premium travel benefits, exceptional hospitality and best-in-class facilities and experiences. We look forward to welcoming travellers to our new card member lounge.”
Customers who hold the Platinum, Business Platinum and invite-only Centurion cards have unlimited access to the lounge and can also bring in up to 2 adult guests (the card member’s children up to 17 years of age enter for free).
The eligible cards listed below are entitled to two complimentary entries per calendar year (again, the card member’s children enter for free).
- American Express® Platinum Corporate Card
- American Express® Explorer™ Credit Card
- American Express® Business Explorer™ Credit Card
- American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- David Jones American Express® Platinum Card
- Qantas American Express Ultimate Card (with 120,000 bonus Qantas Points until 6 Nov 2019!)
- Qantas American Express® Corporate Platinum Card
- American Express Velocity Platinum Card
- American Express Airpoints Platinum Card
- American Express® Westpac Altitude Black Card.
Card members can also pay for additional entries, costing $55 per adult and $35 for each child aged from 2-17 (free for those under two years).
The lounge is open from 6 am to 11 pm daily.
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: