Customer notice: we may receive a commission from Amex if you apply for a card via a link in this article (read more in our Cards Disclosure). This income helps keep the site running, and we thank you for your support.
If you’re a business owner who loves to travel, don’t miss the opportunity to get a huge 150,000 bonus Qantas Points with Amex’s top Qantas business card: the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card.
You’ll receive 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online via our partner link by 2 April 2024, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new card in the first 2 months (new Amex Card Members only).
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card is packed with perks including a very high points earn rate on spend, triple Qantas Points for flights, Qantas lounge passes, insurance covers, and numerous features to save you time and money.
Here’s an overview of the benefits you can enjoy.
1. Receive a high points earn rate on spend
You’ll turbocharge your points balance by earning 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday business purchases – one of the highest Qantas Points earn rates in Australia.
For Qantas products and services, you’ll earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent, while with utilities, government bodies and non-Amex issued insurance you’ll earn 0.5 points per $1 spent.
After a total of 500,000 Qantas Points is earned in a calendar year, the everyday business earn rate will change from 1.25 to 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent. (For Card Members who applied between 1 July 2023 – 9 January 2024, this change will come into effect from 10 July 2024.)
Hundreds of thousands of businesses accept Amex in Australia, and that number is growing, so there’s no shortage of places where you can earn points with this card.
The points will be credited to your business’ Qantas Business Rewards (QBR) account. QBR is Qantas’ loyalty program for businesses and membership is complimentary with your card.
From there, you can transfer points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer member including yourself, employees or family members – giving you a lot of flexibility with how you use your points.
2. Earn triple Qantas Points when you fly
You’ll earn Qantas Points and Status Credits like any Qantas Frequent Flyer member when you fly with Qantas. On top of that, you’ll earn triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights booked with your card, up to 4 million points per membership year.
Eligible flights are domestic or international flights with a QF flight number purchased in Australia and operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines.
Triple points are earned when anyone travels on flights booked using your card.
3. Relax in a Qantas Club twice a year
Relax before your next flight in style, even if you’re flying economy.
You’ll receive two Qantas Club passes each year, which will be triggered when you pay for an eligible Qantas purchase with your card.
Eligible Qantas purchases are Qantas passenger airfares with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas Australia, and Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qantas Business Rewards or Qantas Club membership, joining or annual fees.
Relax in a Qantas Lounge twice a year
You can use the passes for yourself or a travel partner, or easily transfer them to someone else.
4. Travel securely with domestic and overseas travel insurance
You’ll receive domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your family and employees who hold additional cards when the card is used to pay for return travel.
You’ll be covered for:
- inconvenience costs (flight delays and cancellations, and luggage delays)
- medical expenses
- damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen baggage, money and documents
- trip cancellation costs
- transport accidents
- personal liability
- COVID-related trip change and cancellation costs.
If you’re currently paying for travel insurance and this cover meets your needs, you could potentially save money by relying on it.
5. Save time and money with other features
Your business will also benefit from these features:
- up to 99 complimentary additional cards for employees, which can help you earn more Qantas Points while easily keeping track of expenses across the business
- cashflow boost: this is a charge card, which means you have until the statement due date to pay off purchases without incurring interest, or you can choose to pay off a portion of the balance over time up to your Flexible Payment Option (FPO) limit (interest rate of 21.99% p.a applies)
- no pre-set spending limit: instead, you have a dynamic limit that’s based on your spending patterns, payment history, credit records, and financial resources. This gives you the power to increase your spending capacity over time
- get up to $100 credit twice a year with Dell Technologies
- save up to 8% on the base fare of eligible Qantas flights
- save up to 20% on Qantas Club membership fees
- use your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay
- easily download transactions into MYOB, Xero and other accounting software.
Plus a huge 150,000 bonus Qantas Points
Receive 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online via our partner link by 2 April 2023, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new card in the first two months (new Amex Card Members only).
That’s enough points to fly anywhere in the world in economy return or enjoy multiple business class upgrades.
This offer is only available to new American Express Card Members. That means you must not have held a card issued directly by Amex Australia in the last 18 months. However you are still eligible if you’ve held an Amex card issued by a bank or you’re an additional card member on someone else’s account.
The card annual fee is $450, which should be tax deductible if you use it for business purposes.
The minimum annual business revenue to qualify is $75,000 and you need to hold a valid ABN that is registered for GST.
Don’t miss this opportunity to score a top-quality card and a huge swag of bonus points.
This article is not intended to suggest that you should apply for a card. You should seek independent, professional advice and consider your personal circumstances before deciding to apply for a card.
If you apply for a card via a link in this article, we’ll receive a commission from Amex. This income helps keep our site running, and we thank you for your support. Read more in our Cards Disclosure.