Qantas Points lovers, don’t miss out on the opportunity to get a massive 120,000 bonus Qantas Points with the popular Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. The last day to apply for this offer is this Monday 18 November 2019.
With this deal you could take off anywhere in the world with Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines in economy return, or to select destinations in business class one-way (more on that later).
The Qantas Amex Ultimate Card is packed with valuable benefits including a very high Qantas Points earn rate on spend, an annual $450 Qantas Travel Credit, four airport lounge entries each year, travel insurance, and more.
Here’s an overview of the card features, with more details and a mobile-friendly application form available on Amex’s website, here.
1. Earn piles of points on everyday spend
You’ll turbocharge your points balance by earning 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases – one of the highest Qantas Points earn rates in Australia.
You’ll receive 2.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia, and 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent with government bodies.
Hundreds of thousands of merchants accept Amex in Australia, and that number is growing, so there’s no shortage of places where you can rake in the points with this card.
There’s also no cap on how many points you can earn.
2. Take off with a $450 Qantas Travel Credit every year
You’ll receive a $450 Qantas Travel Credit at the start of each card membership year, which effectively offsets the card’s $450 annual fee.
The Qantas Travel Credit is redeemable for Qantas flights online at American Express Travel and is very flexible. While you need to use it in a single booking, that can be for one or more people, travelling one way or return, and on domestic or overseas flights. Plus, the booking can be in anyone’s name and doesn’t have to include you.
Eligible flights are standard Qantas flights with a QF flight number, so you’ll have plenty of routes to choose from.
3. Enjoy four airport lounge entries each year
Relax before your next flight in style, even if you’re flying economy.
Each year, you’ll receive two Qantas lounge invitations valid for both domestic Qantas Clubs and Qantas International Lounges in Australia and overseas. These invitations will be activated in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account after your first card spend on selected Qantas products and services, such as flights booked directly with Qantas.
You can use one of the lounge invites to bring in a guest, or transfer one or both invites to another Qantas Frequent Flyer member.
Relax in the lounge before you fly
You’ll also receive two entries each year to the exclusive American Express Lounge at Sydney Airport international or Melbourne Airport international, which are the two airports in Australia that have Amex lounges so far. Simply present your card at the door to get in. You may use one of the entries to bring in a guest.
We’d value these lounge entries at more than $50 each – so there’s easily over $200 of value here each year.
4. Travel securely with domestic and overseas travel insurance
You’ll receive comprehensive travel insurance cover when you pay for a return flight with your card or use Qantas Points or the $450 Qantas Travel Credit to book.
This cover extends to your domestic partner and dependent children up to the age of 22 when they are travelling with you (see more on page 9 of the policy document).
You’ll receive cover for:
- inconvenience (flight delays, cancellations or missed connections, and delayed luggage)
- medical emergency expenses up to $2,500,000
- damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen baggage, money or documents
- travel cancellation costs
- personal liability.
If you’re currently paying for travel insurance and this cover meets your needs, you can save money by relying on it.
5. Earn more points, save money and enjoy experiences
There are so many other benefits to enjoy with this card, including:
- up to 4 free additional cards for family members over 18 years of age – an easy way for your household to earn points faster
- complimentary premium membership to the Qantas Wine service (worth $99)
- up to 44 days interest free on purchases (the interest rate thereafter is 20.74%)
- a 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months, with a one-off establishment fee of 1% (T&Cs apply)
- Amex Offers: save money with regular discount offers with top brands
- Amex Invites: access sought-after events like music, theatre and film, including via pre-sale tickets, and enjoy exclusive lounges at selected events.
Plus 120,000 bonus Qantas Points
Receive 120,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online by 18 November 2019, are approved and spend $4,500 on your new card within the first 3 months.
These bonus points, together with the points earned on meeting the minimum spend, could help you take off on holiday sooner. For example, you’ll have enough points to fly:
- anywhere in the world with Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines in economy return (eg. Sydney-London or Perth-New York), costing up to 110,400 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees
- from Australia’s east coast capitals to Tokyo, Hong Kong or Singapore with Qantas in premium economy return (up to 123,000 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees)
- in super-stylish business class one-way from Australia’s east coast to Los Angeles, Santiago, Johannesburg or Dubai, flying with Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines (108,400 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees)
- from Perth to as far as Rome or Vienna in Emirates business class one-way (108,400 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees).
Use your points to enjoy Qantas business class
This bonus point offer is only available to new American Express Card Members. That means you must not have held a card issued directly by American Express Australia in the last 18 months. However, you are still eligible for this offer if you’ve held an Amex card issued by a bank (i.e. Westpac, ANZ, CBA or NAB) or if you’re an additional Card Member on someone else’s account.
The minimum income to qualify is $65,000 per annum.
Don’t miss this opportunity to get a top-quality card along with a supersized sign-up bonus: it’s almost gone.
Important: This article is not intended to suggest that you should apply for a credit card. You should seek independent, professional advice and consider your personal circumstances before deciding to apply for a credit card.
If you apply for a card via a link in this article, we may receive a commission from Amex. This income helps keep our site running, and we thank you for your support.
Read more in our Credit Cards Disclosure.