Virgin Australia has launched a new status credits offer that gives customers a fast track to higher tiers of status with the airline’s Velocity Frequent Flyer loyalty program.
Unlike previous promos where travellers could earn 50-100% extra status credits per flight, this time the offer is linked to the number of flights you take.
You need to book and fly at least twice between 29 January and 28 March 2024, and will earn bonus status credits as follows:
- Fly 2 flights = 45 bonus status credits
- Fly 3 flights = 65 bonus status credits
- Fly 4 flights = 85 bonus status credits
- Fly 5 flights = 105 bonus status credits
- Fly 6+ flights = 125 bonus status credits
To take advantage of this offer, you must activate it in the Velocity app or via the link included in the email Velocity is sending out.
An Eligible Flight is any domestic or short-haul international Virgin Australia marketed and operated flight that normally earns status credits (i.e. it excludes reward bookings and codeshare flights operated by other airlines).
Make sure to include your Velocity membership number in the booking.
You need to earn 250 status credits to reach the silver tier (200 to renew it in subsequent years), 500 to hit gold (400 to renew) and 1,000 to reach platinum (800 to renew).
All the perks of status are explained here but in short:
- silver status provides priority check in, additional baggage, two lounge passes each year and 50% bonus points on flights
- gold status provides priority check in, baggage and boarding, lounge access, guaranteed economy award seats and bonus points
- platinum status provides even more perks including complimentary upgrades.
If you’ve been chasing status with the airline, this is a great opportunity.
And by the way, don’t miss the huge offer of 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a free flight each year, and the opportunity to earn 100 bonus status credits each year, available with our favourite Velocity card, the Amex Velocity Platinum Card – it ends soon!
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: