Some very cheap fares are popping up for travel in 2018 thanks to airline ‘boxing day sales’.
If you’re considering a trip next year, this could be your chance to save money on fares.
Here’s what I’m seeing right now:
- Qatar Airways has super cheap companion fares to Europe from just $915 per person for travel from 21 January until 22 May 2018.
- Qatar Airways also has cheap solo fares to Europe: the cost is a little higher to the sale above – use momondo to search for the cheapest dates.
- Thai Airways is offering Perth/Sydney/Melbourne to Rome, Italy from $980 with limited availability in May and June 2018. Use momondo to search and play around with the calendar bar chart to find the cheapest days to fly.
- Emirates also has a few bargains on offer, like Sydney to Birmingham (UK) for $1279 return or Perth to Dublin for $1179 (for travel 18 Apr 18 – 07 Jun 18.)
- British Airways also has cheap flights to Europe, like Sydney to Barcelona for $1268 for travel until 31 October.
- For business class travel, Finnair has very good fares to Europe starting at ~$5500 return.
- Air New Zealand has launched a 48 hour sale with flights to the USA and Canada for as low as $899 return (and even cheaper to Honolulu) for travel from April to June.
I’ll update this post as new deals are announced.
To get tips like this delivered to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: