Virgin Australia’s partnership with the rideshare app Ola is coming to an end on 28 May 2023, according to a statement released last week.
The tie-up launched in 2019 and gave Velocity Frequent Flyer members the chance to earn points on every ride.
Velocity members could earn:
- 2 Points per $1 spent on eligible rides to and from selected airports (plus a bonus if you’re a Silver, Gold or Platinum Velocity member)
- 1 Point per $1 spent on all other Ola rides
- 1,000 bonus Points on the first ride if you’re new to Ola.
You now have until 28 May 2023 to earn points.
Velocity states that “any members who were eligible for points made on Ola rides prior to 28 May 2023 will receive their Velocity Points in accordance with the offer Terms and Conditions.”
The 1,000 point bonus for new customers is such an easy way to boost your points balance and really worth doing.
To score the bonus, you need to:
- download the Ola app and register as an Ola user, or already be a registered Ola user and have not already ridden with Ola
- enter a valid Velocity membership number in the “My Profile” section of the app to ensure the Velocity and Ola accounts are linked, and
- book and complete your first Ola ride before 28 May 2023.
More info is available on Velocity’s website here.
Virgin’s arch-rival Qantas continues to maintain a partnership with Uber, which lets customers earn Qantas Points on airport rides, plus 2,000 bonus points for new users.
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: