After a few years’ absence, Qantas is once again running a Christmas promotion offering bonus Qantas Points on gift voucher purchases: specifically, 3 points per $1 spent on vouchers bought from today until 24 December.
These vouchers can be used to pay for flights. You can use them for your own travel needs, substantially boosting the points earned when flying, since you’ll also earn points and status credit for the flights themselves.
You can also give the vouchers to family or friends.
Here’s what you need to know:
- vouchers are valid for three years from the date of issue
- you can change the name on the voucher when you redeem it (i.e. anyone can use it to fly – no one person is locked in)
- you must nominate the number of people the voucher is for when you buy it and you can’t change this number when you redeem it
- gift vouchers are redeemable for one-way or return domestic or international Qantas flights departing Australia, but not Jetstar flights
- only one voucher can be redeemed per booking
- if the full balance of the voucher is not redeemed in one transaction, a new voucher with the same expiry date will be issued for the unused portion.
Once purchased, register your voucher booking reference and your Qantas Frequent Flyer number here to earn the bonus 3 points per $1.
For more info, visit Qantas’ website here.