Emirates has launched an attractive promotion offering a free hotel stay for one night in Dubai for customers travelling either to Dubai or beyond.
This is available in all classes of travel, including economy.
All the offer details are on Emirates’ website here, but in short:
- You must book a flight on emirates.com/au using the promotional code ANZDC19 between 16 and 30 April with a hotel stay from 1 May to 30 November 2019
- The flight can be one-way or return but must originate in Australia
- The offer is valid only on Emirates marketed flights, operated by Emirates and flydubai (i.e. no codeshares) and excludes points bookings
- After booking and paying, the complimentary stay will be processed and an accommodation itinerary will be emailed to you directly from the Emirates Contact Centre
- Economy class travellers can choose from the Rove Downtown Dubai or Rove City Centre Deira, which are three-star hotels, while business and first class travellers can stay at the five-star JW Marriott Marquis, Dubai
- The promotion includes bed and breakfast for up to two adults and one child under 12 using existing bedding
- The connection or stay time in Dubai must be at least 10 hours.
If you’re travelling beyond Dubai and want to stay in Dubai for less than 24 hours (which counts as a layover rather than a stopover), you can book a one-way or return fare and simply choose an itinerary with a long layover, like the example below.
If you want to stay longer than 24 hours, this would count as a stopover, and you’ll have to use the “Advanced search” feature to make it a multi-city booking. When I played around with this for an itinerary from Melbourne to Dubai, the price was the same as if I’d booked a fare with just a layover.
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: