Qantas and Virgin Australia are both offering up to 10 points per dollar spent with retailers connected to their online malls – a great opportunity to boost your points balance by stocking up on the things you need or doing your Christmas shopping online.
Shopping via the Qantas Mall and Velocity e-store is one of my favourite strategies for earning points. Not only is it very lucrative, but I find shopping online much more convenient than going to physical stores – especially during holiday periods.
Right now through the Qantas Mall, you can earn:
- 10 points per dollar at David Jones
- 8 points per dollar at Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Fossil, Marcs and M&S
- 7 points per dollar at The Iconic, Rodd & Gunn, Samantha Wills and Saks Fifth Avenue,
- 6 points per dollar at Bonds, Cue, Country Road, Forever New, Glasshouse Fragrances, Sheridan, Yoox and Zanui.
Through the Velocity e-store, you can pick up:
- 10 points per dollar at StrawberryNet, Clinique, lululemon, Edible Blooms and Zanui
- 8 points per dollar at Marks & Spencer, Charles Tyrwhitt and Bonds
- 6 points per dollar at Booktopia, David Jones, Mecca, Rebel Sports and Country Road.
Plus, there are more stores where you can earn up to 5 points per dollar – see the full list of offers for the Qantas Mall here and for the Velocity eStore here. Note that offers can change at any time.
Shopping via the two portals is very easy – just go to the Qantas Mall or Velocity eStore, log in and follow the link to the retailer you want. You’ll need to make sure cookies are enabled on your browser (you can check here). Then, shop with the retailer in the usual way and Qantas/Virgin Australia will track your purchase, with the points deposited in your account within 30 days.
And always make sure you pay with a high points earning credit card to really ramp up your points balance.
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: