Qantas has brought back its popular double status credit promotion, offering twice the number of status credits on domestic and international flights for a limited time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to fast-track your rise through the status tiers and enjoy more perks when you fly, especially with gold status and above.
You can earn double status credits on all Qantas marketed and operated flights with a QF flight number, where the booking is made by 23:59 AEDT this Monday 5 February 2018. You must register for the promotion first: simply go to this link.
Travel must occur between 12 February 2018 and 20 January 2019.
You can enjoy this offer on an unlimited number of eligible flights booked during this promotion.
Here’s how many status credits you need for each tier:
- silver – 300 to qualify the first time, 250 to keep each year after that
- gold – 700 to qualify, 600 to keep
- platinum – 1400 to qualify, 1200 to keep
- platinum one – 3,600 to qualify and keep (with at least 2,700 on Qantas marketed flights).
To calculate how many status credits you earn on a flight, use the handy calculator on Qantas’ website (and then double the amount for the current promotion).
The double status credits don’t count towards the 500 you need to attain a loyalty bonus of an extra 50 status credits, so take that into account.
If you don’t have any specific trips in mind and want to get the most status credits for the lowest cost (known as a “status run”):
- check out the current sale fares at qantas.com
- look at business class fares on cheaper routes (like the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Bali and New Zealand) to maximise status credit earn
- follow the adage, “why fly direct when you can connect” – choose a route that requires a connection (for example, Melbourne-Sydney-Gold Coast), as you’ll earn more status credits, often for little or no extra cost.
We may not see this promotion again in 2018, so if you’re thinking about flying with Qantas in the year ahead, this is a great opportunity!
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: