Customer notice: we’ll receive a commission from Amex if you apply for a card via a link in this article (read more in our Credit Cards Disclosure). This income helps keep the site running, and we thank you for your support.
Business owners, for a limited time you can score a huge 100,000 bonus Qantas Points with the feature-packed American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card.
Designed for business owners who love to travel, this card offers a very high points earn rate on spend, complimentary Qantas lounge passes, insurance covers and other features to save cardholders time and money.
100,000 bonus points is enough to fly overseas and it’s only available until 28 February 2019. You can access this offer via our partner link here.
Here’s an overview of the main card benefits and features.
1. Receive a high points earn rate on spend
You’ll earn 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent on card purchases, uncapped. The two exceptions are:
- on Qantas products and services, you’ll earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- with utilities, government bodies and non-Amex issued insurance, you’ll earn 0.5 points per $1 spent.
The points will be credited to your business’ Qantas Business Rewards (QBR) account. QBR is a program that rewards small and medium businesses with savings on flights and points on everyday business purchases. Membership is complimentary with your card.
From your QBR account, you can transfer points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer member including yourself, your employees or your family members – giving you a lot of flexibility with how you use your points.
2. Earn triple Qantas Points when you fly
You’ll earn Qantas Points and Status Credits like any Qantas Frequent Flyer when you fly with Qantas. On top of that, your business will earn triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights booked with your card, up to 4 million points per membership year.
Eligible flights are domestic or international flights with a QF flight number purchased in Australia and operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines.
Triple points are earned when anyone travels on flights booked using your Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card.
3. Relax at a Qantas Club twice a year
Relax before your next flight in style, even if you’re flying economy.
You’ll receive two Qantas Club passes each year, which will be triggered when you pay for an eligible Qantas purchase with your card.
Eligible Qantas purchases are Qantas passenger airfares with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas Australia, and Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qantas Business Rewards or Qantas Club membership, joining or annual fees.
Relax in a Qantas Club twice a year
You can use the passes for yourself or a travel partner, or easily transfer them to someone else.
4. Receive domestic and overseas travel insurance
You’ll receive domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your family and additional card members when you use your card to pay for your travel arrangements.
You’ll be covered for:
- inconvenience costs (flight delays and cancellations, and luggage delays)
- medical expenses
- damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen baggage, money and documents
- trip cancellation costs
- transport accidents
- personal liability.
The insurance terms and conditions are available here.
5. Save time and money with other features
Your business will also benefit from these features:
- up to 99 complimentary additional cards, which will help you earn more Qantas Points while easily keeping track of expenses
- save 5 – 8% on the base fare of eligible Qantas flights
- no pre-set spending limit when you pay your balance in full each month
- Flexible Payment Option: you can opt to spread out payments for purchases (up to $35,000) over time. Enrollment is complimentary.
- integration with MYOB, Xero and other accounting software.
Plus 100,000 bonus Qantas Points
Amex is offering 100,000 bonus Qantas Points to new customers who apply online by 28 February 2019, are approved and spend $3,000 on their card in the first two months.
100,000 Qantas Points can take you a long way, for example from Australia’s east coast to Los Angeles or Dubai in economy return (90,000 points), or with a few more points, two people could fly to Hong Kong in economy return (56,000 points per person).
You could also treat yourself to a stylish Qantas business class flight to Los Angeles or Dubai (96,000 points one way) or a ‘once in a lifetime’ Emirates first class flight to Singapore or Bangkok (90,000 points one way).
Use your points to enjoy Emirates first class
To be eligible for the bonus, you must not have held a personal or business card issued directly by Amex Australia in the last 18 months. Note that you are eligible if:
- you’ve held an Amex card issued by a bank (i.e. Westpac, ANZ, CBA or NAB), or
- you’re an additional card member on someone else’s primary card account (including a corporate account).
The card annual fee is $450, which may be tax deductible (chat with your accountant). The minimum income required is $24,000.
Important: This article is not intended to suggest that you should apply for a credit product. You should seek independent, professional advice and consider your personal circumstances before deciding to apply for a credit product.
If you apply for a card via a link in this article, we’ll receive a commission from Amex. This income helps keep our site running, and we thank you for your support. Read more in our Credit Cards Disclosure.