If you’re a business owner who loves to travel, don’t miss the opportunity to score a huge 150,000 bonus Qantas Points with Amex’s top Qantas business card, the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card.
That’s enough points to fly anywhere in the world in economy return when overseas travel resumes or you could take up to 8 domestic business class flights.
The Qantas Business Rewards Card is packed with perks including a very high points earn rate on spend, triple Qantas Points for flights, Qantas lounge passes, insurance covers, and numerous features to save businesses time and money.
Here’s an overview of the card benefits, with more details and a mobile-friendly application form available on Amex’s website, here.
1. Receive a high points earn rate on spend
You’ll turbocharge your points balance by earning 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on purchases – one of the highest Qantas Points earn rates in Australia.
For Qantas products and services you’ll earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent, while with utilities, government bodies and non-Amex issued insurance you’ll earn 0.5 points per $1 spent.
Hundreds of thousands of businesses accept Amex in Australia, and that number is growing, so there’s no shortage of places where you can earn points with this card.
The points will be credited to your business’ Qantas Business Rewards (QBR) account. QBR is a program that rewards you with savings on flights and points on purchases. Membership is complimentary with your card.
From your QBR account, you can transfer points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer member including yourself, employees or family members – giving you a lot of flexibility with how you use your points.
2. Earn triple Qantas Points when you fly
You’ll earn Qantas Points and Status Credits like any Qantas Frequent Flyer when you fly with Qantas. On top of that, you’ll earn triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights booked with your card, up to 4 million points per membership year.
Eligible flights are domestic or international flights with a QF flight number purchased in Australia and operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines.
Triple points are earned when anyone travels on flights booked using your card.
3. Relax in a Qantas Club twice a year
Relax before your next flight in style, even if you’re flying economy.
You’ll receive two Qantas Club passes each year, which will be triggered when you pay for an eligible Qantas purchase with your card.
Eligible Qantas purchases are Qantas passenger airfares with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas Australia, and Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qantas Business Rewards or Qantas Club membership, joining or annual fees.
Relax in a Qantas Club twice a year
You can use the passes for yourself or a travel partner, or easily transfer them to someone else.
These passes are valued at more than $50 each, giving you at least $100 of value here each year.
4. Travel securely with domestic and overseas travel insurance
You’ll receive domestic and international travel insurance cover for you, your family and employees who hold additional cards when the card is used to pay for travel arrangements.
You’ll be covered for:
- inconvenience costs (flight delays and cancellations, and luggage delays)
- medical expenses
- damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen baggage, money and documents
- trip cancellation costs
- transport accidents
- personal liability.
If you’re currently paying for travel insurance and this cover meets your needs, you can save money by relying on it.
5. Save time and money with other features
Your business will also benefit from these features:
- up to 99 complimentary additional cards for employees, which can help you earn more Qantas Points while easily keeping track of expenses across the business
- cashflow boost: this is a charge card, which means you have until the statement due date to pay off purchases without incurring interest, or you can choose to pay off a portion of the balance over time up to your Flexible Payment Option (FPO) limit (interest rate of 19.99% p.a applies)
- no pre-set spending limit: instead, you have a dynamic limit that’s based on your spending patterns, payment history, credit records, and financial resources. This gives you the power to increase your spending capacity over time
- make fast and secure payments to suppliers almost anywhere in the world via American Express AccessLine, including to suppliers who don’t accept card payments, and enjoy the cashflow benefits and reward points (fees apply)
- FX international payments: Amex has over 150 years’ experience with foreign exchange and delivers very competitive rates and fees
- save up to 8% on the base fare of eligible Qantas flights
- save up to 20% on Qantas Club membership fees
- use your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay
- easily download transactions into MYOB, Xero and other accounting software.
Plus 150,000 bonus Qantas Points
Receive 150,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online
by 24 March 2021, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new card in the first two months (new Card Members only).
That’s enough points to fly:
- anywhere in the world in economy return with Qantas or partners like Emirates (costing up to 132,400 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees)
- up to 18 times domestically with Qantas in economy or up to 8 times in business class, depending on distance.
Use your points to enjoy Qantas business class
This offer is only available to new American Express Card Members. That means you must not have held a card issued directly by Amex Australia in the last 18 months. However you are still eligible if you’ve held an Amex card issued by a bank (i.e. Westpac, ANZ, CBA or NAB) or you’re an additional card member on someone else’s account.
The card annual fee is $450, which should be tax deductible if you use it for business purposes. The minimum annual business revenue to qualify is $75,000 and you need to hold a valid ABN that is registered for GST.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to score a top-quality card and a huge swag of bonus points.
This article is not intended to suggest that you should apply for a card. You should seek independent, professional advice and consider your personal circumstances before deciding to apply for a card.
If you apply for a card via a link in this article, we’ll receive a commission from Amex. This income helps keep our site running, and we thank you for your support. Read more in our Cards Disclosure.