Virgin Australia has today opened its VA-X & Win competition to thank COVID-19 vaccinated Australians who have played their part in protecting the community and re-opening the country, with a chance to win from hundreds of prizes.
First announced in June, the total competition prize pool is valued at more than $150,000 with the major prize making one million Velocity Frequent Flyer Points. Other prizes include business class flights, Virgin Australia Lounge memberships and dozens of the airline’s popular pyjama sets.
The total prize pool includes:
- 1 x 1 million Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
- 10 x 100,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
- 50 x 10,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
- 25 x return Virgin Australia Business Class flights
- 50 x return Virgin Australia Economy flights
- 30 x Virgin Australia Lounge memberships
- 85 x Virgin Australia pyjama sets.
Fully vaccinated Australians have until 31 December 2021 to enter the competition through a simple process at virginaustralia.com/vaxandwin.
Virgin Australia has also opened a promotion today for vaccinated employees who get the jab before 15 November 2021. Incentives include a holiday to Hamilton Island, additional annual leave, business class flights and lounge memberships.
Virgin Australia Group CEO and Managing Director, Jayne Hrdlicka said vaccination is Australia’s ticket to freedom.
“Vaccination is our way back to the things we love and the people we miss, and most importantly, it’s the only way we can protect the lives and livelihoods of all Australians” said Ms Hrdlicka.
“We are all in this together and the sooner we are vaccinated to the thresholds required by government, the sooner we can return to a quality way of life that includes travelling freely within our own country and abroad.”
How to enter VA-X & Win in three easy steps
- Receive both doses of a COVID-19 approved vaccine (in consultation with a health practitioner);
- Visit virginaustralia.com/vaxandwin; and
- Enter your name, email address and Velocity Frequent Flyer member number in the entry fields by midnight 31 December 2021.
Winners will be notified by 13 January 2022. All winners will be required to provide proof of vaccination through an easy-to-use verification process, details of which will be provided upon notification of their winning entry.
Qantas also recently launched a giveaway to similarly reward vaccinated Aussies.
To get tips like this delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter: